Welcome to Digital Scriptorium!
Digital Scriptorium (DS) is a growing consortium of American institutions with collections of global premodern manuscripts dedicated to building an online national union catalog for manuscripts in US collections.
DS has also launched the beta version of the new DS Catalog. The addition of current DS Member Institution data has begun and will continue through 2023 and 2024. Recent data additions to the DS Catalog include:
We are also currently processing data contributions from Princeton University, the Free Library of Philadelphia, Boston Public Library, and the Harry Ransom Center of the University of Texas at Austin. More member institutions will be represented in the DS Catalog soon, dependent upon contribution of their data to DS in the coming weeks and months.
Use the DS Catalog to
- Access and research manuscript data across member institutions
- Bookmark results and save searches
- Link to external authorities for richer context and deeper data exploration
- Query the DS Wikibase SPARQL Endpoint for advanced search and discovery within the DS Catalog and beyond
Questions about the new DS Catalog?
Is your institution interested in joining DS?
Member benefits include:
- Transformation of your structured manuscript metadata into Linked Open Data
- Representation of your manuscript collections in Wikidata, the world’s largest and freely accessible Knowledge Graph.
- Participation in a national community of scholarship and research supporting the study of our shared intellectual heritage through collaboration across institutional and regional boundaries
Stay up to date on DS community activities and opportunities.
Donate to Digital Scriptorium
Your tax-deductible contribution today supports tomorrow’s sustainability of DS’s national union catalog of pre- and early modern manuscripts and ensures open access to member institutions’ data by users around the world.