Welcome to Digital Scriptorium!
Digital Scriptorium (DS) is a growing consortium of American institutions with collections of global premodern manuscripts dedicated to building an online national union catalog for manuscripts in US collections.
In addition to the new look and feel of this website, DS is pleased to announce the beta launch of the new DS Catalog. The addition of current DS Member Institution data has begun and will continue through Fall 2023. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Use the DS Catalog to
- Access and research manuscript data across member institutions
- Bookmark results and save searches
- Link to external authorities for richer context and deeper data exploration
- Query the DS Wikibase SPARQL Endpoint for advanced search and discovery within the DS Catalog and beyond
Questions about the new DS Catalog?
Is your institution interested in joining DS?
Member benefits include:
- Transformation of your structured manuscript metadata into Linked Open Data
- Representation of your manuscript collections in Wikidata, the world’s largest and freely accessible Knowledge Graph.
- Participation in a national community of scholarship and research supporting the study of our shared intellectual heritage through collaboration across institutional and regional boundaries
Stay up to date on DS community activities and opportunities.
Donate to Digital Scriptorium
Your tax-deductible contribution today supports tomorrow’s sustainability of DS’s national union catalog of pre- and early modern manuscripts and ensures open access to member institutions’ data by users around the world.